Hello! As I said, I would be continuing to work on the blog even when strand… er, staying in the Duke City (where I am without baseball, as the Minor League season has ended.) Several things have happened since I signed off at the end of August, and those have led to new additions.
- I found a site (baseball-reference.com) which has allowed me to piece together the scorecards for the two games on the tour before I took up the practice: Anaheim and Los Angeles.
- I scanned in the covers of all the programs in my collection, and re-read a number of them to find interesting ads and articles.
- I dug up other interesting artifacts that I have collected and wrote briefly on some of the memories those elicited—and gave myself an excuse to put up a cute picture of my cat.
And here’s some of what I’ll be working on in October (or November, or December…):
- An article on what effect filling out a scorecard nine years after the fact has had on my memory of the games in question.
- The story of my quest (as yet unsuccessful) to find a replacement for the Angels program I never bought—but should have.
- A page with cumulative batting and pitching stats for all the players I have seen on the tour.
Well, that’s all I’ve got. I’ve enjoyed this little yawn and stretch, but it’s time to go back into hibernation… for now.